On Saturday morning I got up early to get my long run in. As many of you know I was an avid marathon runner before I had Gabriel. I am now training for my first post baby marathon, the Columbus marathon on October 17th. The hills were a lot tougher than the flat terrain I'm used to running on here in Columbus, but I managed to finish the run before Will and Gabriel were even up from their nap.
Will was under the weather with a cold so he spent the afternoon resting as well. Gabriel, Grandma and I took a long swim in her pool. He is loving the water more and more every time he gets to swim. The baby float is a big hit. He also likes to splash and bounce in the water with someone holding him.
![]() |
| Checking himself out in the mirror at Grandma's house |
Following our swim, we took a trip over to show off Gabriel's crawling and climbing skills to Great Grandma and Grandpa Parent. Great Grandpa even got down on the floor to chase Gabriel around and play with him. So cute! Gabriel also enjoyed playing with their old pound puppy stuffed animals and an empty diabetes test strip case.
![]() |
| Playing with Great Grandpa and Grandma |
One other noteworthy piece of news from Saturday, Gabriel finally said mama! yay!
We had big plans of attending the reds game on Sunday, so we got up early and made it to the 8 am church service. Gabriel was the only baby there. There was no nursery care at this early service, so he entertained himself by climbing on the pews and making lots of cute baby sounds that the older ladies all adored.
After a quick nap for Gabriel and lunch for the rest of us, we headed down to the stadium for Gabriel's first reds game. When we got up to our level, one of the ushers told us he could get a special certificate for his first game. So, we stopped by the booth to do this before heading down to our seats. Gabriel spent the first inning or two in the seats, but got extremely hot since it was in the 90's! After this, Grandma and Grandpa took turns taking him up to the shade so Will and I could enjoy the game. He had lots more fun in the shade. He got to cool off in the misters, watch lots of people and other babies. He saw a 15 month old little girl who was also staying cool up in the shade a bunch of times and got really excited when he recognized her. He also got a big kick out of the fireworks that went off following the Jay Bruce home run. To top it off, the reds won the game!
![]() |
| At the reds game! |
After the game everyone was worn out! We stayed for dinner, but then packed the car up so we could all get home for some much needed rest. All in all a very fun weekend!









Mark would be so jealous if i told him... We have been wanting to head to a Reds game for the last few years and something always happens where we can't... and Mark doesn't want to try to take Will yet... This was an awesome blog... I love hearing about you guys... Can't wait to hear more... Love ya, Mark, Stella and baby William...
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun filled weekend with great pics!
ReplyDelete