I always knew that my baby would teethe, and in the process put everything in his mouth. What I didn't realize was just how much damage he could do with just two little teeth that aren't even all the way grown in yet. In the past six weeks or so since Gabriel cut his first tooth he has been using his crib as a chew toy. As he jumps up and down in his crib when he's supposed to be sleeping, he also gnaws on the railing. The railing by his door is by far the worst, but he has recently branched out to the other rails as well.
 |
| Gabriel's chew marks (it looks much worse in person than in this pic) |
I'm not sure why I didn't think of this sooner, but I decided I should do something to protect his crib from further damage. I found some cute ideas at babies r us, but their prices were far to expensive so I decided to try to make something myself. After searching on the web, I found a pattern that I thought I could manage on another blog. So, off to Jo Ann Fabrics I went to get supplies. In the meantime, I tied some receiving blankets onto his crib as a temporary fix.
 |
| Temporary crib protector |
I haven't done a lot of sewing since I was much younger, but I do have a sewing machine that my mom got me a couple years ago. I am by no means an expert sewer, but I think the end result turned out pretty cute. Hopefully it will meet Gabriel's seal of approval.
 |
| Final result |
 |
| He seems to like it so far |
Super cute Megan!
ReplyDeletewow, those look great! I have the similar, too expensive one, from the store...I didn't even think about trying to make my own!
ReplyDeleteNice job, Megan! I'm impressed by your sewing skills (I can only sew by hand. Last night I tried to use the machine, Sam had to take over to stop me from breaking it). And Gabriel looks super cute! Especially in that last picture : )
ReplyDeleteThanks! There's a learning curve with the sewing machine for sure, but I'm sure you could figure it out :-)
ReplyDelete