Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Birthday Party

A little over a week ago we had Gabriel's first birthday party.   I can't believe he is already a year old!  We had just under 20 friends and family over to join in the celebration.  Gabriel loved being the center of attention.  He happily showed off his new found walking prowess for everyone who hadn't seen it yet.  He also loved checking out all the birthday decorations, especially the balloons.

He wasn't too sure about opening his presents, but he sat patiently as I got each one out for him to see.  He was eager to play with every new toy he saw.

His favorite little lovey has been a stuffed monkey lately, so I decided to use it as inspiration for his birthday cake.  It was a little bit more complicated and time consuming than I anticipated but I successfully made a monkey shaped birthday cake! 

Gabriel wasn't too sure about his fingers being so sticky at first, but after he got over that, he happily gobbled up his cake and smeared the icing all over his face.  All in all a very successful birthday celebration.
Gabriel's monkey cake

Friends and family enjoying yummy taco lunch


Posing with Gramma
Singing happy birthday to the big one year old

Mmmm, cake!

Pawpaw do you want some of my cake?

Foam puzzle book, a new favorite

Birthday present madness

Cute dog book complete with wagging tails

Checking out his sign

No comments:

Post a Comment