Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lemon tree

When I was growing up, I had a grapefruit tree that I planted from a seed and got to watch grow up into a good sized tree.  That idea along with an episode of "Sid the Science Kid" about watching plants grow gave me the inspiration to do something similar with Gabriel.  On a whim one day after I juiced a lemon I decided we would plant the seeds and try to grow a lemon tree.  I wasn't sure anything would happen since they took a while to pop up, but sure enough the little green seedlings began poking their way through the soil  We now have three baby lemon trees growing in our kitchen.  The next task will be transplanting them into actual pots rather than paper cups from Gabriel's first birthday.  Gabriel always wants to look at his lemon trees when he goes into the kitchen now.  I am excited to help him take care of them and watch them grow!  Here he is with the first tiny seedling to come out of the soil.


No comments:

Post a Comment