Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Babysitting

January brought some new changes for our daily routine.  After 3 months off of on maternity leave, my friend Colleen returned to work on January 3rd.  I am currently watching her 3 month old little boy Braxton along with Gabriel four days a week until his grandma gets off of work and comes over to pick him up.

I wasn't sure how difficult it would be adding another baby to the mix, but so far so good!  Braxton is a lot more laid back than Gabriel so he is pretty content to hang out and watch Gabriel play.  He thinks Gabriel's business and crazy dance moves are a hoot.  He is also easy to put down for naps which is so nice compared to the epic battle naptime has often been for Gabriel.

Gabriel has reacted much like an older sibling would when a new baby was brought home.  He is a bit jealous that some of his attention is going to the little baby.  One day he came over and smacked the bottle out of Braxton's mouth while he was eating.  This is hilarious to me since my sweet baby never really took a liking to the bottle.  Gabriel is having fun showing Braxton how things work and climbing into the bouncy seat when Braxton isn't in it.

On Monday I took my first adventure out with two babies and man was it exhausting!  We went to baby story time at the library.  This was something Gabriel really enjoyed before their hiatus for the holidays so I knew we wanted to return.  It was quite a task to bundle both babies, get them into their carseats and into the library.  I bought a double stroller off of craig's list, but I haven't cleaned it yet so I carried Gabriel is one arm and the infant carseat with Braxton in the other arm.  I think that's probably around 50 lbs total.  I was definitely sweating by the time we made it in!

I suppose this will give me good practice for when we hopefully have another baby of our own.

Trying to climb in with Braxton

Did you know these toys pull off?

Grumpy he wasn't getting 100% of Mommy's attention

Baby Braxton

 
Pretending his puppy was a baby, how cute!
Here's a video of Gabriel dancing for Braxton and rocking him.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment