Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gabriel's first haircut

After many months of urging by my husband, I finally was ready to give Gabriel his first haircut today.  I know it's just hair, but it's another step towards him becoming less and less of a little baby so I was reluctant.  We strapped his portable booster chair onto a kitchen chair backwards so I could get a better angle on the back of his head.  He wasn't very keen on the whole idea and started to fuss right away.  After a few attempts with toys and a binky, Daddy and Grandma found out that sucking on a piece of candy cane would soothe him.  It was a little bit difficult to trim his hair since he is so wiggly, but I managed to get it done.  I think I took off close to an inch around his ears and the bottom.  It's still a cute longer look for a baby.  No military haircuts like Daddy or Grandpa for quite a while!

Getting ready.  Hmm, this isn't how I normally sit...

Before

Before

Cutting hair

Mommy, do you really have to do this right now??

After (it did lay a little nicer after his bath than it looks here :-))

After

No comments:

Post a Comment