In mid September I went on a weekend trip with my girl's bible study to Hocking Hills. It was a great little break from the daily routine. It was also the longest by far that I've ever been away from Gabriel, but he was great with Daddy and I did surprisingly well being away too. The cabin we stayed at wasn't very far off the main roads, but you couldn't see another cabin or person for that matter from it. It was so peaceful. I didn't take any pics with my camera so everything below is thanks to my friends Lauren & Abby.
 |
| Our cabin |
 |
| All the girls checking out some deer running behind the cabin |
We drove down in two carloads on Friday then just hung out and chatted mostly. Then Saturday, we went hiking in Old Man's Cave. After this, half the group headed back to the cabin and rest of us took a second hike at Ash's Cave. You would think my legs were in shape from all the running, but man were they sore after hiking and climbing lots of stairs!
 |
| Group photo at old man's cave |
 |
| Wasn't sure if I'd fit inside, but I did |
|
In the evening, we took a moonlight canoe trip. Although it was darker and a bit farther than we expected, it turned out to be a great adventure.
 |
| Me & Rebakah |
 |
| Abby, Adrienne & Colleen |
 |
| Jenn & Bekka |
After canoeing and cleaning up, we had a late night prayer circle where each girl prayed for each other girl that was there and had each person pray for them as well. This was something one of the girls had done in high school and it was a great time to connect and share.
On Sunday morning we did our normal bible study we would have on Monday night since we would be missing church. Then, we loaded up and headed back to Columbus. We had such a great time we are hoping to doing this or something similar again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment