Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fourth of July

This year marked the first time our boys got to participate in a Fourth of July parade.  We found a local one in our area in the morning.  Many of the big parades around here interfered with nap time, so those were out.  The one we found was just perfect.  The route was just around a path at a local park.  The older kids took their bikes and went around as many times as they could and the younger ones went around once with their parents in strollers or wagons.  It was so cute and very reminiscent of the bike parade I did for many years with my best friend from next door as a kid in Cincinnati.
I wanted a nice picture of my boys before the parade and this is what I got ;-)

I tried for more and it just got worse...haha!

All ready to go.

And we're off!
Parade!

While we were waiting for the parade to start Gabriel and Daddy spent some time running off energy playing soccer in the fields at the park.  Our boy just loves anything to do with balls, running, kicking, etc.! 
Future soccer star.



After the parade was finished we decided to walk over to DQ for a cool treat.  Unfortunately we got there about 20 minutes before it opened.  Gabriel was so excited about ice cream that we decided to wait it out.  He got his very first chocolate dipped cone and loved every minute of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment